Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Chicago Half Marathon - Marcy's experience
Marcy: It was a pretty crazy experience. I went across the starting line and pushed back the emotion from my sister Julie not being able to be there with us due to her injury. So many people but not what I would say a "rush" to ride on for the first few miles just "we are finally here, let's go for it." The weather was as good as we could possibly have hoped for but my body still fought what little heat there was - about 73 at the start and 78 at the finish. I held my 8:00 minute/mile pace through mile 11 and then mile 12 and 13 I had to back off. It was the first time in my life that I felt like one of those little signs on the treadmill "if you are experiencing tingling, blurry vision, naseau etc. etc. STOP" BUT there was no stopping. My finish time was 1:47:17. 2 minutes off my goal, my finishing place was 1072 out of about 10,000 finishers. I could not have run faster. Had the heat actually been a Chicago Summer day I would have struggled immensely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment