Beth: The mini marathon was the hardest thing I've ever done -- both mentally and physically. I got really neverous after saying bye to Bobby and Marcy. I worried that I under trained andthat the police would have to pull me off the course. It took about 7 minutes to get to the start line. I kept pace with pace setter holding the 2:30 sign. Everything was comfortable until I hit Lake Shore Drive around mile 6. I saw the people who were running at the 1:30 pace run by me so I knew I had AT LEAST another hour on LSD to get back to that point. Things got worse at mile 10. I had to walk for ten minutes and a lot of people that I passed were now passing me. I spent mile the last two or so miles running for a few minutes then walking for one until I saw the finsih line. It felt awesome to run across the finish line. Totally loved it and felt great. Would totally do it again. My time was 02:43:46 and I came in 8996th place.
My thighs hurt a little until Tuesday. My shins still hurt a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment